The Gravel Grid KG30 is a product that is used to fix a surface with gravel. It consists of plastic mesh panels that are placed on the ground and filled with gravel. This creates a stable, trafficable surface that will not get muddy even in rainy weather.
How to lay the Gravel Grid KG30?
- Preparation of the surface: The surface to be paved must be level and stable. Any unevenness should be leveled. It is recommended to apply a layer of crushed stone or chippings and compact it well.
- Installation of the gravel grid: Place the Gravel Grid KG30 on the prepared surface. The grid plates should lie close together. Connect the grid plates with the appropriate clips.
- Filling with gravel: Fill the Gravel Grid KG30 with gravel. The grain size should be between 8 and 16 mm. Fill the grid evenly up to the top edge of the grid.
- Compaction of the gravel: Compact the gravel with a vibratory plate or tamper. This will stabilize and compact the gravel, increasing the load-bearing capacity of the gravel grid.
- Finishing work: Cut the Gravel Grid KG30 along the edges to the desired size using a cutter or saw. The edge tiles should be laid along the edge of the surface to prevent the gravel from breaking out.
For what purposes is the Gravel Grid suitable?
The Gravel Grid KG30 is a simple and inexpensive way to fix an area with gravel. It is particularly well suited for paving courtyard driveways, parking lots, sidewalks, and other areas that receive regular traffic or foot traffic.